Friday, September 23, 2011

Somebody To Save Me~Me

It started about 1998 or 1999 with a yard sale. I'd always been pretty good about not holding on to things for too long. All my childhood toys were given away to children as I got too old for them. I did this myself because I wanted to keep my room organized in a disheveled sort of way. At least I knew what I had and where it was at and I was never afraid of letting someone in my room.

So anyway, one day I needed some extra cash to pay a bill and so I had a yard sale. I made a lot of money that day selling my stuff for cheap. So much that I really wanted to do it again, so I started going  to other peoples yard sales and buying stuff. That lead to Flea Markets and auctions. Things began to pile up as I bought the $1.00 box lots. Couldn't sell it fast enough and I just couldn't throw it away.

Then we bought a house with a garage and a basement. Which I have filled. I must say that my wife has been very good about it and has done a good job of keeping things manageable. I really was buying to resell, but somehow I just kept buying and buying and not selling so much as I should.

This year things have changed. I have started cleaning out. I don't go to yard sales or auctions, but I do clean out estates and apartments which can bury me under mounds of stuff.

This blog is about sharing my recovery, sharing my unburying. I want my house back. I want to be able to use it for more than just storage. So today I am asking you a favor. Help me help myself. Share your stories with me. I'll try to help you too if you want. Maybe we can help each other end the clutter forever.


This is a couple pics of my front patio and entrance room. This is what ppl see when they come to my house. Yeah I do some scrap metal too, trying to make ends meet.
Yeah I sell stuff on ebay and co-op shops, but I have so much now and I have trouble selling too cheap. My ebay user ID is estatecleaner. Ive been selling a long time and have over 10000 feedback.

Please comment. It'll be nice to know that someones reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment